Maturity

"Maturity includes the recognition that no one is going to see anything in us that we don't see in ourselves. Stop waiting for a producer. Produce yourself" - Marianne Williamson

I ever asked one of my friend, "Being mature? is it a must?" and she answered "Oh please of course it's a must! Life goes on, and you're about to enter the real universe. You can't keep being childish or you won't survive in this ruthless world"
Geez, how I hate her statement at that moment. I just couldn't face the truth that I'm 16 already (not 9 or 10) I hate to know that I should being mature immediately. I thought that there's no need to worry bcs maturity comes naturally, right? I don't even have to try, someday I'll being mature even idk when. My own definiton of Maturity itself is, when you're able to separate which is your needs and which is your wants,so that simple. Simple....but not that simple ( for me ) to apply it to my real life. Well, I'm still learning how to separate them
But that was then, that was my very-very-long-time-ago-thoughts. Now I realized, maturity comes if we ourselves have willingness to be mature. And what happened to me was : I'm too stubborn to have that willingness. I wrap myself at this immature level. I never seem to have willingness to move from my comfort zone. Pity pity me.
 Now I try to unwrap myself, diminishing my stubbornness. Glad to realize that I'm finally able to put the priority to my needs. I wholeheartedly try to let maturity come over to me. Ah, its like...'bye my luvly comfort zone and hello grown-ups!'

Inashya

Aside struggling with her last year of university, she involved in several non-academics activities including non-profit organization, freelance web-editor and french course. She's still travelling, and wishes to travel more

3 comments :

  1. Terus? Urang kudu teteup senyum lamun lg sedih oge? kitu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! belle alay mainnya anony :P . Temen2 semua ini yg komen namanya @unobella , iya emang alay anaknya

    ReplyDelete